The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion ( Pro.28:1 ).
1. “Shy” is just “I” with a “sh” before it. Shyness is really I-ness. The shy person is so busy thinking about himself that he says “sh” to any other subject.
2. If you never stick your neck out, you’ll never get your head above the crowd.
3. He who begs timidly courts refusal.
4. He that is overcautious will accomplish little.
5. When you’re Christ-conscious you’re not self-conscious!
6. The roots of shyness are really in pride.
7. Stand upright, speak thy thought, declare
The truth thou hast, that all may share.
Be bold, proclaim it everywhere!
They only live who dare!
8. Silence is golden except when it comes to witnessing–then it’s just plain yellow.
9. Don’t let the little guy in brass buttons scare you off! Refuse to talk to him, demand to see the boss!
10. Bravery never goes out of fashion.
11. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
12. For strength & stamina in body & soul, Drink in the Word to make you bold.
13. If you’re bold & go in prayer & in the power of the Lord & act like you know what you’re doing & just go ahead & do it until they tell you not to, people figure you must have the right to do it.
14. If you seem to know just what to do, others seldom question you!
15. The question not asked cannot be answered.
16. Dare to be bold! Dare to think, act, live & teach differently from the vast robotic, narcotic, conventional, pretentional, conformist, performist, zomby-bomby so-called “silent majority” of the supposedly average & “normal” systemites! They will hate you for daring to challenge their authority, but God will love you.
17. What is shyness, bashfulness & timidity? It’s a combination of two things–fear & pride! You are worried about people’s opinions of you. You fear the opinions of men. ( Eph.6:6,7 ; Prov.29:25 .)
18. Shyness is basically fear, which is the opposite of faith. So to overcome fear you must have more faith.
19. When you have more faith, you have more boldness & more courage, more faith to trust God.
20. After receiving the Holy Spirit, I had a boldness, a sort of a fearlessness, a greater courage, which I think was God-given. It didn’t matter whether they thought I was good or bad, as long as I knew I was right & doing the right things & saying the right things. As long as I knew I was in the Will of God, & was doing God’s Will, then the Spirit of God gave me this boldness.
21. Whatever you do, when questioned, don’t stall around & beat around the bush & lower your eyes like you’re ashamed of something! Look them straight in the eye & with forceful, forthright, obvious conviction & sincerity, take the offensive & sock it to them with the Truth!
22. Face the fear of Man in the power of His Spirit on the promises of His Word, & you cannot fail! Praise God!
(See also No. 337 , 983 , 1006 , 1032 .)
23. GEN.32:24,26 Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day…. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
24. PSA.119:6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all Thy commandments.
25. PRO.28:1 The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.
26. PRO.29:25 The fear of Man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe.
27. EZE.3:9 As an adamant harder than flint have I made thy forehead: fear them not, neither be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house.
28. MAR.8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of Me and of My Words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of Man be ashamed, when He cometh in the glory of His Father with the holy Angels.
29. ACT.4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
30. ACT.4:29 Grant unto Thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak Thy Word.
31. ACT.5:28 . Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this Name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this Man’s blood upon us.
32. ACT.9:29 He spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians.
33. ACT.18:9,10 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace: For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.
34. ROM.1:16 For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto Salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
35. EPH.3:12 In Whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of Him.
36. EPH.6:19,20 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the Gospel, For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
37. 1TH.2:2 But even after that we had suffered before, and were shamefully entreated, as ye know, at Philippi, we were bold in our God to speak unto you the Gospel of God with much contention.
38. 2TI.1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the Gospel according to the power of God.
39. 2TI.2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with Him: if we deny Him, He also will deny us.
40. 1JO.4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the Day of Judgment: because as He is, so are we in this World.
Copyright (c) 1998 by The Family