Making the Word of God of none effect through your tradition ( Mk.7:13 ).
1. Thank God for all true churches of Jesus Christ, whatever their denomination.
2. A seminary is usually a cemetery for faith.
3. Organised Christianity has probably done more to retard the ideals that were its Founder’s than any other agency in the world.
4. Let’s not get as self-righteous as the churchy system who condemn us totally just because we are not like them. Let’s not get so Holier-than-thou that we condemn even the few good things that are still left in the System.
5. The people who have joined the Church System have stepped out of the action in the arena, into the onlookers of the grandstand.
6. The first thing that old church will do, is start by criticising you.
7. There are no second-generation Christians. Every new generation either has to personally drop out or cop out.
8. Because the churches wouldn’t share what little knowledge they had about the Spirit World & how God operates it, God took the knowledge of it away!
9. The way of the world is to praise dead saints & to persecute living ones.
10. There’s too much churchianity & not enough Christianity.
11. There are many people who think that Sunday is a sponge to wipe out all the sins of the week.
12. Some families think that Sunday morning church is like a convention. Each sends a delegate.
13. I hate the System from which I came with a perfect hatred, because it is a lie & a delusion & a deceit & is damning souls to Hell when it ought to be saving them!
14. In most churches where I got to preaching I really got carried away–by the ushers usually!
15. How can the Lord bless those preachers when they’re so far off the track in some of their endtime doctrines?–Because, nevertheless the Gospel is preached.
16. Christians are now the spectators in the Coliseum, not the martyrs.
17. No wonder the World has become Godless & communist & gone to the Devil–the church has absolutely totally miserably failed in its job of witnessing to the World!
18. No wonder the World has gone to Hell & is lost, when the whole Church has given the biggest job that there is to be done of witnessing & winning souls to just one man, the preacher!
19. These churches & preachers & evangelists really missed one of the biggest things they could have had by fighting sex all the time!
20. The church had its place, particularly to give at least some religious training to youth & children, some kind of sowing of the seed, casting the bread on the water so that someday it would have some effect.
21. The Saducee was SAD, YOU SEE, because he didn’t believe in the Resurrection! The Pharisee was FAIR, I SEE, because he figured he was very fair to see & very religious & righteous!
22. All false religions always martyr the followers of the true religion.
23. Most people go to church three times in their life: The first time they’re sprinkled with water, the next time with rice, & the last time with dirt!
24. Peter preached one sermon & got 3,000 converts–now preachers preach 3,000 sermons & get one convert.
25. The babe with the Spirit and a handful of good verses and a will to witness, can accomplish more than all the Bible College graduates put together!
26. The church of today has moved out of the arena & into the grandstand.
27. The churches build for eternity as though it won’t be very long & they build for this life as though it will be forever.
28. The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the true church, & the more they kill, the more will take their place.
29. The churches have make illegitimate almost everything that’s pleasurable, the Lord’s God-given blessings!
30. A sad world cannot be sweetened by sour religion.
31. Churches are the World’s greatest waste–billions of dollars spent on church buildings could have long ago evangelised the whole World!
32. God dwells in life! He dwells more in one little sparrow than in all the cathedrals put together!
33. Churches & church buildings have damned more souls & sent more people to Hell than anything else, because they have robbed the poor & robbed the World of the Gospel!
34. Most church members are spiritual invalids & the church is their hospital!
35. One man that gets out of those church buildings can do more good than all the Christians put together that are still left inside!
36. It’s almost more difficult to get delivered from Churchianity than it is from dope! That kind of religion is nothing but a drug & a drag!
37. The greatest danger in America today is not drink or drugs or even crime, it’s churchianity, the great delusion, the big lie!
38. You can go to church every Sunday morning & still go to Hell!
39. The church today is about as far away from what Jesus preached as Capitalism is from Communism!
40. The reason dramas get the crowds & the churches don’t is: The preachers preach their fact as though it were fiction, while the actors act their fiction as though it were fact.
41. The Pharisees spoke from their heads, but Jesus spoke from His heart.
42. By church experiences you’re inoculated with just enough of the Truth to make you immune to the whole Truth!
43. Too many people who say “Our Father” on Sunday spend the rest of the week acting like orphans.
44. Church membership does not make you a Christian any more than owning a piano makes you a musician.
45. Some people use religion like a bus–they ride on it only when it’s going their way.
46. Religious experience is meant to be bread for daily use, not cake for special occasions.
47. The church has committed genocide by having no children!
48. The worst gyp is bargain-counter salvation that doesn’t save you & you wind up in Hell when you thought you’d paid your way to Heaven!
49. That’s what destroyed the Christian church, when they started removing the Bible and the Words of God!
50. The proud paper-piggy people-eaters that devour the poor would rather die first than serve God our way!
51. The church, while rich and increased in goods materially, has become wretched and naked and blind spiritually!
52. More church people take the name of God in vain in their singing than all the cursing wicked of the World!
53. The church which is not a missionary church will be a missing church when Jesus comes.
54. The church today is so scared of everything they haven’t got anything, so afraid of a little life, they’re damned dead, so afraid of a little fire, they’ve got no fire, so afraid of sex, they’ve got nothing but hypocrisy!
55. We can’t renovate the church!–But we can get out & build a new one!–Of living stones! ( 1Pet.2:4-5 )
56. Usually the false cults do better than we do as far as getting numbers & the money–more people go for the lie than for the truth.
57. It’s always the False Church who stirs up the political government against the True Church.
58. The Old church is like an old shoe:
–You can polish perhaps, but never renew!
59. God never once said to build church buildings! He never once said to establish Bible Colleges & Universities! He never once said to build great & costly cathedrals! He just said, “Go ye into all the World & preach the Gospel to every creature!”
60. Not all that the churches teach is bad. Not everything the Devil teaches is bad either, because if it were all bad nobody would swallow it.
61. Our biggest enemy is not big business or big government or even big education. These are only the tools that our greatest enemy, the Whore, the religious system, uses.
62. Churchianity, church-worship, building-worship, temple-worship, place-worship is idolatry & more deceptive & deluding & damning than drink!–Because you can get drunk & it only lasts a little while, but you drink of those dry cisterns & polluted wells & you never wake up unless God drops a bomb on you!
63. The churches are nurseries for spiritual babies, perpetual stretcher cases that will never grow up!
64. Church-worship, building-worship, service-worship, ceremony-worship are subtle & insidious & dangerous & damning because they’re so deceptive & deluding.
65. “Their children do sicken Me & their luxury doth cause Me to abhor them, & their beauty is a reproach unto Me & I shall utterly cast them out & destroy their palaces & strip them of all these things, until they shall beg unto Me for mercy.”
66. “In rejecting thee she doth also reject Me. And she shall be left alone & desolate as those things that she honoured most, her buildings & her ceremonies, & her doctrines & the opinions of men & her pride & jealousy which do eat as a canker to destroy. Therefore shall that which she loved most destroy her & leave her desolate.”
67. You never heard of Jesus going into any bar & making a whip & turning over the bar & breaking up the bottles & throwing out the bartender! But He went into the church building & He made a whip, & He broke up the furniture & spilled the money & drove those damned moneychangers out of the church!
68. You never heard of Jesus going into a house of prostitution & beating up on those poor hardworking prostitutes & throwing those old beds out the window! But He went into the nice big beautiful Temple building & broke up the furniture & overturned the tables & drove out the guys who ran it!
69. Most of the churches are whited sepulchres full of dead men’s bones, & the only way they reach Heaven is by their spiritual stench!
70. When the Church left the arena & started sitting in the grandstands in order to avoid death by braving the lions, the Church died of old age in the stands!
71. There’s no law in the entire Bible that says you have to go to church on Sunday, or even hints you have to go to church on Sunday!
72. Church is a good place to sleep, nice & quiet, pretty music, nothing shocking is said, it’s all the same old thing.
73. The True Church are the genuine Christian believers in God who follow Jesus–the born-again, Saved, Body of Christ–not a building or a denomination or a religion!
74. That’s Churchianity through & through: They spend most of their time worshipping the past & glorifying the past & advocating the past because they’ve got nothing now except the past. The Church is a has-been!
75. The whole Church is looking into the past, everybody travelling backwards into the past, glorifying the past & glorifying all [the] Jews of the past & their … history. Very few of them are good examples. In fact, the good ones were such shining examples & so rare that they really shone in the midst of … Jewish history. …
76. The Church is standing with their backs to the Future. They’ve even got their backs on the present. They’ve turned their back on the heathen, they’ve turned their back on the World, they’ve turned their back on the poor lost sinner! They’ve certainly got their back to the Future & they’re going backwards in time, so what good are they? All they’re doing is studying the ancient history & the ancient past & all the ancient junk that is over & God is through with.
77. The Devil has got the whole Church system not only absolutely totally sidetracked, but completely turned around, going the opposite way on the track into the past!
78. The Church system doesn’t have anything else to do: They don’t witness, they don’t litness, they don’t live by faith. They don’t win souls. They’re not doing the job God gave them to do, so they’ve got to fill up their time with something that looks & seems religious & is supposedly good, so they spend all of their time studying the past & how great they used to be & how glorious it used to be & what great heroes there used to be.
79. That’s the whole Church system & Bible College system–reading, hearing & studying what somebody else has to say about the Bible instead of reading the Bible for themselves.
80. As far as the Church system is concerned, the day of miracles is past, the day of great men of God is past, the day of evangelising the World is past & everything is past, so they spend all of their time studying the past since they’ve got nothing in the present & know nothing about the future, & couldn’t care less.
81. We’ve only got a few years left to get the job done that they failed to do while they were so busy studying Ancient History & the past & what others did that they aren’t or weren’t doing & thought they couldn’t do since it had already been done & nobody could do it anymore. Nobody could be heroes any more. Nobody could perform miracles anymore. Nobody could live that way by faith anymore. Nobody could die as martyrs for the faith anymore; it’s all past. “You aren’t expected to do that now. Just hold down your job, earn your money, come to Church on Sunday, support the Church & the preacher & he’ll tell you all you need to know. That’s all you need.”
82. In the old days the poor were fed by the preachers!–Nowadays the preachers are fed by the poor!
83. There are lots of people in the World who think they’re serving God when they are actually serving the Devil!
84. There are lots of people serving the Devil who think they’re praying to God & serving God. There are whole religions that think they’re serving God who are serving no one but the Devil!
85. Compromising with the church people like Paul did & trying to please the church people never did a thing for Paul.
(See also No. G , 69A , 117 , 148 , 153 , 167 , 170 , 179 , 180 , 183 , 184 , 192 , 200 , 219 , 266 , 399 , 605 , 631 , 647 , 648 , 834 , 848 , 986 , 1116 , 1141 , 1274 , 1283 , 1287 , 1385 , 1401 , 1478 , 1510 , 1514 .)
86. PRO.15:8 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord.
87. ISA.29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near Me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour Me, but have removed their heart far from Me, and their fear toward Me is taught by the precept of men.
88. ISA.30:9-11 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the Lord: Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits: Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us.
89. ISA.56:10-12 His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber. Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter. Come ye, say they, I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and to morrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant.
90. JER.5:30,31 A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land; The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and My people love to have it so.
91. JER.50:6 My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their resting place.
92. EZE.33:31,32 And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as My people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness. And, lo, thou art unto them as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument: for they hear thy words, but they do them not.
93. EZE.34:2,3 Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks? Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with the wool, ye kill them that are fed: but ye feed not the flock.
94. MAL.1:6 A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the Lord of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise My Name.
95. MAT.7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
96. MAT.7:21,23 Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in Heaven. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity.
97. MAT.15:3 But He answered and said unto them, why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
98. MAT.15:8,9 This people draweth nigh unto Me with their mouth, and honoureth Me with their lips; but their heart is far from Me. But in vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
99. MAT.15:14 They be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
100. MAT.23:3-5 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments.
101. Mat.23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the Kingdom of Heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
102. MAT.23:24,26,27 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness.
103. MAR.7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.
104. MAR.7:9 And He said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
105. Mar.7:13 Making the Word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
106. LUK.6:46 And why call ye Me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
107. LUK.11:42 Ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
108. 2TI.3:5 Having a form of Godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
109. TIT.1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny Him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
110. HEB.9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into Heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us.
Copyright (c) 1998 by The Family