Related Index Topics: Christianity, Commitment, Friendship, Human Nature, Initiative, Sacrifice, Service, Conviction/Compromise, Sample.
- It’s what you do when you have nothing to do that reveals what you are.
- Not on the stage alone, but in the World also, a man’s real character comes out best in his asides.
- What lies behind us & what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
- Reputation is what you need to get a job; character is what you need to keep it.
- Character, like embroidery, is made stitch by stitch.
- Men of genius are admired; men of wealth are envied; men of power are feared; but only men of uprightness are trusted.
- Much may be known of man’s character by what excites his laughter.
- Greatness is not found in possessions, power, position, or prestige. It is discovered in goodness, humility, service, & character.
- You cannot control the length of your life, but you can control its breadth, depth, & height.
- Many a man’s reputation would not recognise his character if they met in the dark.
- Your reputation can be damaged by the opinions of others. Only you yourself can damage your character.
- The real measure of a man’s wealth is how much he would be worth if he lost all his money.
- It has been said, “We are not what we think we are, but–what we think, we are.”
- Personality has the power to open many doors, but character must keep them open.
- A man’s character is what he is before God.
- Everything in life is a test of character.
- Circumstances never create character; they merely reveal it.
- Reputation is what men think you are; character is what God knows you are.