1. God didn’t stop Adam & Eve in the Garden when they made the wrong choice. He had to let them do it. But He punished them, He rewarded them accordingly, according to their works & lies & evil doings & disobedience!
2. A lot of people are not neutral, they simply haven’t yet made a final decision because they haven’t had the full benefit of all the Truth. They haven’t had a real chance to know the Truth, so therefore they can’t yet be held responsible by God. So God gives them a chance to hear the good thing, the right thing, the real thing, & from then on they have a choice & are compelled to make a decision.
3. Sometimes when you are trying to make a decision, the Devil fights extra hard & the Lord allows him to make it that way to test you, to see if you’re going to give up even before you get started! Sometimes you think something the Lord may be asking of you is going to be complete Hell & that you’re not going to be able to take it. It may seem like it’s going to be that way, but things are rarely as hard in reality as you think they’re going to be beforehand.
4. Whenever you have a decision to make, you’ve got to decide whether it’s going to bear good fruit or bad fruit. Maybe it’s going to bear both good fruit & bad fruit, maybe it’s going to help one person but it’s going to hurt someone else, so you’ve got to decide what’s going to bear the best fruit. Is it going to bear more good fruit than bad fruit? Most decisions aren’t all that clear cut; it’s not either going to be all bad or all good, it’s usually a little of both. But all things will work together for good in the end for those who love the Lord.
5. When there is a difficult choice you have to decide on the basis of what will bring the best results. If it’s a clear black-&-white question, then you don’t have any problem, you pretty much know what to decide. But it’s difficult to make decisions where you have to weigh the consequences & see that maybe it’s good in this respect, but it’s not so good in that respect, it’s good in one thing, but it’s not so good in another. Then we have to balance them & decide which is best & what’s going to bear the best fruit.
6. Life is a learning process!–And you don’t learn it by snapping your fingers or suddenly getting an injection!–Or like you’ve seen in some of these sci-fis where they put a skull cap on one guy & drain his brain & put all of his knowledge in somebody else’s head, blah blah. Wouldn’t that be nice? It would be so easy! But look what you would miss!–This trial-&-error process, this trying-&-learning process!
7. Choose: the attainment of man or the atonement of Christ.