Related Index Topics: Habits, Temptation.
- Vodka is colourless, odourless, tasteless, & too much of it leaves you senseless.
- I have four good reasons for being an abstainer–my head is clearer, my health is better, my heart is lighter & my purse is heavier.
- Nothing can hold liquor as well as a bottle–so why not leave it there?
- A “hangover” is something that afflicts the head you neglected to use last night.
- If you drink like a fish, swim. Don’t drive.
- Vision is definitely affected by glasses, especially after they’ve been filled & emptied several times.
- A hangover is the moaning after the night before.
- I do not think that I should drink. For when I drink, I do not think.
- Some men–battle to the top; Others–bottle to the bottom.
- Wine is a turncoat; first a friend, & then an enemy.–Fielding
- Don’t try to drown your sorrow in alcohol because sorrow is an expert swimmer.
- In ten years 46,000 Americans died in Vietnam. During that same time 250,000 persons were killed in the U.S. by drunk drivers.
- I think it was Jerry McCauley who said that a major part of the alcoholic problem of the skid-rows of the World would be solved by putting a drinking fountain on every corner! A lot of it is just plain simple thirst. ‘Cause where are they going to get a drink free, a glass of water free? You don’t just walk into a bar & ask for a free glass of water. They’re in the business for money so they have to ask for a drink of something else & maybe water with it.–DBB.